Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What is RSS? And how can it help you?

Hello gemunity Members!

Anytime I find out something new that I think might help people I like to pass it along. I know there are some of you that have seen the letters RSS and wondered what it was or stood for. I know you've thought this because I too have thought this. If you have an okay store or if you have shopped at an okay store you might have seen the little RSS icon at the bottom of the store's home page.

It stands for Really Simple Syndication. It is a way of changing the contents of a web page into XML form so that it can be read more easily. Don't worry, that last sentence was not important, but had to be said. I'm trying not to lose you...hehe If you are a buyer on okay you can subscribe to a sellers RSS feed if you want to be notified whenever changes are made to it. Simply scroll down to the bottom of your sellers store's home page and click on the RSS icon to subscribe to their feeds and to see updates as soon as they begee available! If you are a store seller RSS can be a great marketing tool, but you must enable it first. And to do so follow these directions:
First, click on My okay
Second, click on Marketing Tools
Third, click on Listing Feeds
Fourth, choose option: Distribute your listings via RSS
Fifth, click Apply

And you're done! Not too hard huh? Well, I hope I helped a few people. I wish good luck to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment