Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Selling Used Music CDs on s

I recently took stock of my cds and found over 50 of them I hadn't listened to in years. Should I throw them? Sell them? I searched on okay and found hundreds of cds going for .99 and they were brand new.
How was I going to sell mine, used without the case?
At what price was I willing to part with my cds? How much would it cost me to ship them safely to the customer?
Was it worth it?
I didn't have any cds that were hard to find. None that were collectors or parts of a set either. Just your everyday ordinary top 40s.
Cost- I had purchased anyone of these cds 5 or more years before. All of them were in like new condition-no smudges or scratches. But with downloads nowadays almost anyone could get my music free. Nevertheless cost.
Figure:
Bulk rate bubblemailers-.15 each. Bubblewrap in bulk- you need at least one sheet-.17 each. Plastic jewel cases-.30 each, I happened to have a 100 I had bought years ago in storage. I also ship cds and dvds in gallon storage bags- .19 each. List-.35 each- no pictures necessary. Total cost thus far-$1.15
What kind of money was I looking at pocketing for each used cd. I thought a bit and decided each one was worth at least a $5.00 profit to me.
So I wrote up my ad confident in my item, the price and my safe shipping method. I put my auctions up right beside my gepetitors selling their new cds anywhere from .99-$10.00. Shipping anywhere from $4.50 -$100.00. My cds shipped for $1.50-$2.50 First Class.
I listed a grand total of 30 cds. Within one week I had sold all but 5 of those 30 cds. After okay and Paypal took their cut I was left with a grand total of $100.00.
Not bad for a days work. Hope this helps you sell yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment