Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Baby Thyme - Backpack Carrier

Baby carriers are an essential part of parenthood. However, the cost can seem outrageous. I found out that you don't have to spend hundreds of dollars for top quality products.
I recently purchased a baby carrier by "Baby Thyme", a brand that I have NEVER heard of. It was listed on okay for $40 plus s/h. The total came to less than $70. I hadn't been able to find a decent carrier for this price. Most were at least $150 - $240. I researched the model number online a little and it looked great. I'm a single parent and money it tight so I thought I'd try it. It was in my price range.
I cannot express how happy I am with this product. The shipping was very speedy and the product was amazing. It was brand new, still in the package, and wrapped in plastic. It is so nice. It has alot of padding for the little one, and for the parent playing the part of pack mule! It has two very large storage pockets to hold blankies, diapers, wipes, etc. It also has a drink holder for the child, one for the parent and a cell phone pocket (obviously for the parent!). It also has two ringsto help the parent adjust. It has an adjustable waist belt, a chest belt (both for parent) and a five point harness system for the child. Italso has a stand (I call it the kick-stand) to make it eaiser to get thebaby in and adjustedbefore you strap on the backpack. It also gees with a detachable sun visor. It really is great!!!
As soon as we got it I was like a kid at Christmas. I ripped open the box, adjusted everything and strapped my 8 month old in. We walked around the house and he LOVED it. The leg holes are also very well padded so they won't hurt baby. He feels like such a big boy being just as tall as mom!
If you're looking for a backpack, don't waste your money on other brands. This product exceeds what I would've expected from the big brands!

1 comment: