Friday, September 9, 2011

How To Transfer Your DOMAIN NAME..(Account Change/Push)

If you find this guide to be helpful, Please Vote YES.......
When I wrote my First Guide, I had the question gee up as how to initiate an account change (sometimes called a "push") for a domain name. So I thought I would write another guide explaining how. (Please see my note below about the difference between an "account change" and a "transfer")
I have already explained in one of my blogs, but thought this guide would be useful to other people wanting to know as well.
Since I am mostly familiar with GoDaddy, I will explain that one.
When someone buys a DOMAIN NAME from me, this is what I do to initiate the account change:
-Sign into my GoDaddy account -Go to "domains" -Then go to "my domains" -Check the domain name you want to initiate the account change for (or sometimes called a push) -Click "account change" -You can skip the part "New registrant's Customer # or login name:"-Type in new registrant's email: -Check the box that says "Enter new details"-Type in recipients First Name, Last Name, Address, Country, City, State, Zip Code, and Phone #-Make sure youcheck the box about "I have read and agree to the Domain Name Change of Registrant Agreement..."-Make sure youcheck the box about "I understand that, if I want to transfer this domain to another registrar during this 60-day period,..."-Press "finish" -Press "OK"
The recipient will then get an email with instructions from GoDaddy on how to accept the account change.
I hope that helps...It is very simple after you do it a few times...If anyone needs any other help, please don't hesitate to email me, and I will do whatever I can to help, or walk you through it.
Please Note: Keep in mind that ICANN regulations prohibit transferring a domain name that has been registered or previously transferred within the last 60 days. That does not mean that you cannot sell your domain name before that time is up, it just means that they should have an account at the same registrar you do, so you can "push" the name into their account.
If you have found this guide to be helpful, Please Vote YES, Thanks to All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment