Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Love The Volkswagen NEW BEETLE Once The Bugs Are Out

I have always loved The Beetle. My plan was to own a restored classic '73 Super Beetle, but when VW announced that they would actually produce the New Beetle concept, I was hooked. I bought my 2000 Cyber Green GLS in 2003, off a lease return from a local VW dealership. OOOOOH, I'M IN LOVE WITH: -The look of the Beetle. It still turns heads on the street, and fits my personality to a 'T'! -The leather seats are form fitting, feel supportive and warm - the winter package gives me heated seats, and nothing can beat that in a cold Canadian winter. -The Beetle is a tight ride, hugs corners, and has precise steering and braking. -16" alloy wheels grip the road and look awesome too. -The latch system anchors for child seats are easy to use and allow for the best car-seat fit. I have two kids under age 3, and safety is paramount to me. -The front seats slide up and flip forward to allow geplete access to the back seat. I can stand gepletely within the rear seat, and it's a snap to seat and buckle up the kids. Even easier than doing so in my Dodge Caravan! HEADACHES I COULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT: -We had major repair work done on our Beetle within the first years of ownership. Luckily, we had an additional 2-year VW geplete warranty... otherwise, this stuff would have cost big bucks -Catalytic convertor needed to be replaced when car was 3 years old -Front headlight bulb socket was faulty and replaced 3 times -Front fog light assembly was leaky and water shorted out the fogs. Dealer reluctantly replaced under warranty (an otherwise $700 job) -Starter needed to be replaced at 3.5 years old -Immobilizer went haywire and needed to be reprogrammed at 3.5 years old (car wouldn't start and had to be towed) -Trunk latch wouldn't close and was replace twice (at 3 and 3.5 years) -Airbag light was on and needed to be reprogrammed (4 years) -Driver's power window motor needed to be replaced (3.5 years) BUT WE STILL LOVE IT.... Even given all the headaches, it seems that we have repaired, replaced, or recycled everything that was faulty with this car. It now runs great (touch wood), and we still love to drive it. We would regemend the New Beetle to anyone, but STRONGLY ADVISE that you get an extended warranty. VW parts and labour are expensive, and the extra warranty will be money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment