Wednesday, September 2, 2009

If you were in this situation, what would you do?

I thus far have 100% positive feedback with over 650 responses--mainly book sales. I had a store but no longer do so. I think the easiest way for me to present this inquiry is through a 'what would you do approach'. I am focused on saving time in listing. a. I plan to list about 150 first edition books-most in fine condition-with pub dates ranging from 1965 to the present. They are a mix of literary titles (Mailer, Bukjaree, Vidal, Philip Roth, etc. some pop fiction like Stephen King, Scot Turow, et al., ad naseum. And to finish up, a third category of obscure novels by some well known people J.K. Galbraith, T. Williams, Harold Pinter, Tom Stoppard (these writers are well known but not as novelists). b. That's the inventory. Should I just list them individually or would it be worth learning turbo lister for this one time effort? If I do list them, do I need to be concerned with attractive templates or will the number of books for sale and linkages between them be enough to attract potential buyers. Should these be auction or fixed price or should I provide the option? If I describe a book as "As New" or "Spotless" should in upload a photo anyway? I am assuming a note stating combined shipping available is appropriate. Since I hae several titles from one author, i.e., 6 from Updike, 5 from Philip Roth, etc., should I mention this in the text of the appropriate listings.Finally, would it be worth it to open a store just for these listings since I don't know if I wll need it after that. Well, that's it. BTW, one reason to avoid lengthy computer/upload time is because I have repetitive stress injuries in my arms, and the less typing the better for me.


Orignal From: If you were in this situation, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment